Enhance localization support for new SMA-X portal

Enhance localization support for new SMA-X portal

Currently SMA-X Portal does not provide (*) tools to add new localizations for languages that aren't currently supported.

Service Manager has a toolkit to add translations, so I'd expect a similar functionality to be made available for SMA-X Portal. Even a previous version of service portal, Service Request Catalog, supported this.

In the organization i present, lack of localization possibilities strongly speaks against using a new containerized version of Portal. In fact, it blocks the adoption. Therefore I see this a major issue. Simply speaking, end users won't understand why to use a product which does not "speak" the language they do.

*) Based on answer in this thread: https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/SMA-X-Discussions-and-Q-A/How-to-add-translations-to-other-languages-for-SMA-Portal/td-p/1627995

2 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Thank you for sharing your idea! It’s open for comments and kudus, and we’re looking forward to input from the community. Once there is enough community traction, it will be reviewed by the product team.

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Already Offered

@Kelalek2@tmognes  - Open Localization has been delivered in the 2018.02 release. I'm sorry I didn't update this Idea sooner; in the future the update will happen automatically. 

Please see here: https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Service_Management_Automation_-_X:2018.02/Release_Notes/Whats_New

"Open localization support - By using the Openl10n community site, you can localize SMA-X (Servcie Portal and Service Management) into additional languages that are not officially supported by SMA-X."

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.