Expand the support for attachment file type

Expand the support for attachment file type

I'm not sure why Micro Focus has limited the list of file types (documented in Help Center) that can be attached to a record in SMA-X. When registering a new Project in SMA-X, I found out that I couldn't attach a Microsoft Project document, or a Visio document.

SMA-X should allow all file types that e.g. E-mail systems also allow as attachment.

Tags (1)
5 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Thank you for sharing your idea! It’s open for comments and kudos, and we’re looking forward to input from the community. Once there is enough community traction, it will be reviewed by the product team.

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

While waiting for community votes on this idea, I wanted to share the reason behind restricting files types: SMA limits file types that can include macros given the potential security risk. The SMAX list is shorter than SM for historical reasons (inherited from SAW). If implemented, the goal would be to match the SMA-SM list. Implementation would require customers to accept enabling additional file types may expose the system to additional security concerns.

Question: for multi-tenant environments, would this be set for instance or tenant level? Who /which role can enable additional file types?  

Outstanding Contributor.. exeptt Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

The solution should be very strength forward without any legacy restrictions. 

1. Accept only the rest will be declined (array of filetypes) if empty all filetypes will be accepted. 

2. List of of file types which are not acceptable the rest will be accpted  (array of filetypes) 

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Accepted

Great news, this idea has been accepted on our product roadmap. Subscribe to receive updates.

jraile
Senior Member.
Status changed to: Delivered

Delivered in SMA 2019.05

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.