Forgot Password link on login credential page

Idea ID 2691761

Forgot Password link on login credential page

End user should get Forgot password link on login page. When user forget their password then they can reset password by own. This is very important to solve ASAP. All customers are asking me to get this functionality because its very normal in now a days for any application.

I have below logic to do same. Please provide me permanent solution. 

- At frontend, Coding in HTML page to appear the link "Forgot password"
- At backend, coding to match with your server and SQL to compare and authorize the change password, then save it at DB.

5 Comments
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Status changed to: Duplicate

Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Feng

When this idea will be implemented ?

@jayant12j

Please understood we are not allow to communicate the delivery date of enhancement request per policy. Please track the idea status for further update.

Thank you for the understanding

Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

I would argue that this functionality needs provided in SMAX (as well as the "duplicate" idea for Service Manager);

for internal/DB authentication; password reset function should be handled 100% by SMAX + SMAX-IDM;  for external authentication, we should be able to provide a "password reset" link that redirects to the external systems "password reset" url;

+1 and following;

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.