Idea ID 2683555
We have identified a feature content editors want regarding the html editor in Knowledge and Catalog articles. Specifically to:
- Improve the html editor included in Service Manager 9.+ so that users don’t have to edit html source for basic functionality
- Improve relative linking functionality
Benefits / Value
- Users unfamiliar with html source editing are able to publish knowledge easily
- User can focus on content not technical behaviours
- Internal relative linking makes improves upgrades and site portability
- Static links break often.
Specifically we need the html editor to provide the option when setting a URL link to:
- Set the URL behaviour to open in either
- the current window or
- a new tab/window
- instead of specifying a URL, easily select a
- Knowledge article or
- Catalog item
- Easily Set as
- a relative URL for internal linking
- a fixed URL for linking to external sites
I note that the HTML editor in this forum allows a user to set the browser open behaviour!
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.