Provide best practices guide on how to handle big email/attachment in Connect-IT or oob scenario

Idea ID 2694284

Provide best practices guide on how to handle big email/attachment in Connect-IT or oob scenario

I have customer experiencing this issue. Recommendation so far is to increase the JVM size to get around the out of memory error. Not sure how long this workaround can last.

I found https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/doc/KM02857105 and   https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/doc/KM02999609.

Issues in the knowledge articles are not resolved and it's pointing toward usage and scenarios as the root cause. However, there's no guide or out-of-the-box scenario created to help customer deal with large email. Customer needs guidance on how to create optimised email scenario to cater for large email or have this optimised email scenario available out-of-the-box .

These days, some email include video recording to show steps on how to reproduce a problem. Connect-IT need to cater for such a scenario.

Tags (3)
2 Comments
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hi There

As CIT is a 32 bit application it's very limited as you have seen

What we did was create rules on the mailboxes that moved "large" emails into a separate folder then use another method to process them

Not sure if you are using SMAX or SMA, the other options you have are as follows

Upload large attachments to Sharepoint or similar and attach the link to SMA/SMAX

I have a sample powershell script that connects to O365, zips the entire mail with its attachments and uploads it to sharepoint folder. I can share it if it's something you want to investigate

Or use e.g Operations Orchestration to process the larger emails into SMA/SMAX

Please note SMAX itself has a 10mb limit on uploading, SMA has a larger limit afaik

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.