SMA-SM Portal: format possibility in user selections

Idea ID 2847794

SMA-SM Portal: format possibility in user selections

it is urgently needed to have format possibilities in user selections of service catalog items.

At least a headline field (without input) to start a section and a horizontal line to seperate sections within an article/user selections is mandatory.
With user selections increasing the article is getting more and more unclear/complex.

6 Comments
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

The new HTML format options within user selections in SM 9.70 is a good start but there is always a need to do an input/selection. Just a headline and horizontal line without any user input is needed.

Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

There is a workaround for your reference.

In SM, you may define a user option with: Display Type=Pick List, Display choices using=Radio Buttons, but no options added. Then this user option will be displayed as a label in the Portal.

Example #1, the label of this user option is defined as “Label testing” in SM. Then in Service Portal, it shows like following.

example#1.png

Example #2, the label of the user option is defined as “----------”. Then in Service Portal, it shows like following.

example#2.png

Commander Commander
Commander

Regarding the workaround:

Ok so far. But as for me, I find it a little bit too clumsy using "dummy options" for this purpose (even if it "works"). So I really would prefer to have more layout possibilities (at least a customizable sub format).

Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

I absolutely agree with Holger, format options should exist as an option itself.

But I must say:  @Zhang_Jinhong, many thanks for showing this workaround!!! 👍

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.