SMA-X : Bi-directional Outlook integration for Tasks execution

BRIEFLY DESCRIBE YOUR IDEA

WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT? (WHEN USED, BY WHICH ROLE, FOR WHAT BENEFIT)

We currently charge a license for people who are just executing a task (i.e. developer) and asking to log in SMA-X when they are not really interested in

SEPARATE FROM *WHAT* THE IDEA IS ABOUT, DO YOU HAVE THOUGHTS ON *HOW* IS COULD BE DESIGNED?

A task notification can be sent out as today but with and .ics as attachment with the schedule of the task that could be saved in the Outlook. When completed just 'Mark Complete' and sync back the status to SMA-X

Risultati immagini per outlook task mark complete
3 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Thank you for sharing your idea! It’s open for comments and kudos, and we’re looking forward to input from the community. Once there is enough community traction, it will be reviewed by the product team.

@FabioPerego11 can you clarify on the business case - is it about not requiring a license, or ease of use? If license related - licenses are required for agent tasks.  Concurrent licenses  may be a useful consideration here (checked out for few minutes, then available for next user).

FabioPerego11 Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

I joined two different request coming from two different meetings.
In one I was asked to don't have license for tasks and I answered with concurrent license. But in general they were not really happy to have one more tool for that kind of role.
In the second I was asked for Outlook integration as described with no mention to the license.

benwatt Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

This would be a great ease of use feature to have Outlook integration on tasks.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.