Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

SMA-X : CI geolocation

SMA-X : CI geolocation

0 Votes

BRIEFLY DESCRIBE YOUR IDEA

CI geolocation

Incident on a Data Center CI; person assigned for the solution has a mobile device where he could see the CI locatization in the data center

WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT? (WHEN USED, BY WHICH ROLE, FOR WHAT BENEFIT)

Save time for people fixing Incident

SEPARATE FROM *WHAT* THE IDEA IS ABOUT, DO YOU HAVE THOUGHTS ON *HOW* IS COULD BE DESIGNED?

2 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Thank you for sharing your idea! It’s open for comments and kudus, and we’re looking forward to input from the community. Once there is enough community traction, it will be reviewed by the product team.

@FabioPerego11 when you say 'see CI geo location' you mean visually on a map, correct? Are you expecting the building at the lowest level, or more? We can track down to rack (CI attribute) but of course couldn't show visually "in the data center"

FabioPerego11 Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

@Tonya SMAX you are right, I didn't specify the 'HOW TO' part because I don't know. Yes makes sense display on map or be driven from your location as in Google Map. I was notified by a customer that competition has something similar

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.