SMAX API wrapper

Idea ID 2682623

SMAX API wrapper

Hi guys, 

I'm Software solutions engineer for our company, and one of my responsibilities is managing our SMAX instance and entire suite, a lot of my work is related to automation, workflows and integrations of SMAX with other products outside MicroFocus ecosystem. I found myself writing a lot of boilerplate code for our projects, so I decided to create SMAX API wrapper with all methods covered under several classes, and to that effect I've released and open sourced SMAX api wrapper package for Python. I tested it on python 3.5 and up. Project home is here:

https://github.com/Armitage87/smax

and if you want to use it, just pip install smax

As I said, project is under MIT licence and fully open source, so if you want to contribute or pull it and modify you're more then welcome. Any ideas and suggestions are welcome!

Have a nice day!

2 Comments
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Status changed to: Declined

Hi Harvey987,

We do not plan to provide API wrappers for the SMAX rest API. 

I see you have taken the initiative to build one and provide a link so others can take advantage of your efforts.  It may make sense to post this on the ITOM Marketplace where it would be more visible than here.

Thanks,

Steve

Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Thanks for the suggestion, submitted it there. 

Kind regards, Harvey

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.