SMAX - possibility to see all columns in a field linked to an entity link

Idea ID 2750799

SMAX - possibility to see all columns in a field linked to an entity link

when we link an entity link with multiple columns to a Studio or user option field, we are not able to see all the columns or select the columns we need in the end-user portal or the Agent side forms.

In the case of the Entity Picker, it would be good to be able to see these columns in the pop-up table that can be shown by pressing the Lookup button of the picker. In the case of the M2M grids, additional columns should be configurable.

Use case details:
I have a Studio app containing information about AWS Instances. it has different columns like "Instance ID, Memory, CPUs, etc...

1.png

I created a request offering, and I would like that the end-user could select whatever instance he needs based on all the information in the table.

I created a user option linked to the "Entity link" that contains all the information, but when I go to the end user portal, I'm only able to see the display name field. (the same happen if I click in the icon to find directly in the table. I am not able to filter for all columns or see them in the table:

3.png

The same happens if I try to add through Studio... with an M: M Grid... I can't specify what columns I need to show...

4.png

Expected behavior:

We need to show all the columns in the lists when we link a field with an entity link and we click on the Entity Picker. We need to have the possibility to chose whose columns we want to see in the end-user portal. and make all columns searchable and filterable.

Tags (1)
3 Comments
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Thank you for sharing your idea! It’s open for comments and kudos, and we’re looking forward to input from the community. Once there is enough community traction, it will be further reviewed by the product team.

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I added images to clarify this important use case.

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

this use case is very important for ESM scenarios. 

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.