Search for "affected.ci" in table "rootcause" (Problem Management) needed

Idea ID 1661727

Search for "affected.ci" in table "rootcause" (Problem Management) needed

In "Problem Management - Search Problems" search format you'll find the field "Affected CI" on the screen. But even if you enter there something valid and you expect some "rootcause" records to be displayed, you cannot search for "Affected CI". Background is that field "affected.ci" is a structured array in dbdict "rootcause". The information on the CI is inside the structured array in ci.device.name field. In the display of the rootcause record itself, the Display Names of the affected Cis is shown (see screenshot) but you cannot search on that values. With "Smart Search Filter" there is a problem with Affected CIs as well. See QCCR1E149571 .
8 Comments
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

As a workaround, have you considered adding a separate scalar field on the search form and tested to see if it meets your objective?

Status changed to: Accepted

Status changed to: Accepted

this idea has been accepted on our product roadmap, timing TBD. Subscribe to receive updates. (This is not a formal commitment, and subject to change)

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Reply to the suggestion "As a workaround, have you considered adding a separate scalar field on the search form and tested to see if it meets your objective?": This does not work for the "Display Name". Steps I tested: I added field "ci.device.name" to search format for "rootcause" : pbm.advFind.search.problem I prepared some "rootcause" records containing "Affected Configuration Item" with Display Name = "adv-afr-desk-107". The CI identifier for "adv-afr-desk-107" is "CI1000013". Search for rootcause records with "ci.device.name"="CI1000013" returns the records as expected. BUT: I need to use the CI Identifier = CI1000013 instead of Display Name = adv-afr-desk-107 to do the search.

From Service Manager 9.63 applications, it supports to search for "Affected CI" in Problem Management.

Status changed to: Delivered

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.