Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

Service portal feature setting based on data domain

Service portal feature setting based on data domain

The service portal feature settings are turned off and on for the tenant.
We are frequently asked for functionality to turn this off and on for specific data domain. Some data domains will have ideas turned on, and the rest will have it off. Some will have request on behalf and some will not, and so on.

5 Comments
RolfF Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

As SMAX is used more and more for Enterprise Service Management, Data Domains may be used to e.g. separate the data for Finance, HR and IT. These may have different views on how these settings should be for their domain, and consequently we should be able to configure that.

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Thanks for your Idea proposal. The use case you describe seems reasonable. At the same time, I will note that Data Domains are designed purley or data segmentation. For Portal differentiations, we rely on Theme definitions. Themes can be presented according to differnt Entitlements which in turn can vary depending on the user's Location, Role, or Organization.

I would restate this enhancement request to be about allowing Themes to also vary in terms of what actions are allowed within them - such as enabling or disabling Ideation or Chat depending on Theme, etc.

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Thanks @David_Baron, good reminder. In fact, the Idea should be described in terms of the requirement/use case and neither domain or theme :-)

We did discuss this at MF Universe so I will move to the next status, but @Sissel please do edit the original descripton to be less about the specific solution. 

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Thank you for sharing your idea! It’s open for comments and kudos, and we’re looking forward to input from the community. Once there is enough community traction, it will be further reviewed by the product team.

Sissel Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

If this is solved by themes, it’s fine with me.

The reason why our suggestion is related to data domain, is that we would like to see data domain segregating through all SMAX application records and functionality, and a new data domain admin role who could administer all things regarding to his data domain, themes included/service portal feature.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.