Submit a photo to an offer using Mobile app [for service and support requests]

Idea ID 1675499

Submit a photo to an offer using Mobile app [for service and support requests]

If i create an offering with certain rules to process captured text from OCR (photo), this use case is working fine if i'm using the Portal to submit the request, but if i use the Mobile app, there is no capability to attach a photo to a catalog offering. [for service and support requests; available on mobile for generic requests]

if this capabiltiy is enabled, we can leverage the OCR capabilty not only to submit smart request, but to submit any catalog offering from Mobile, and this should be enabled and expected to have same behaviour like portal.

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

Nathalie

8 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Already Offered

You can add an image from the mobile phone. I've queud up this video to show you.

https://youtu.be/sPPaxcdpR0Q?list=PLlUdEXI83_XqPeGxposHKMxGWc7PqKD0w&t=154

Since it appears the required functionality already exists in the product, I'm closing this Idea. It can be reopened, or create a new Idea if your Idea is for something else. 

Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Hello Tonya,

I believe there is confusion about this idea.

I know we aleady offer OCR to submit new request, however, what i want to achieve is the following:

1. create an new offering in SMAX catalog with fulfillment plan (including automation, tasks or through OO)
  2. once the offer is active, i can consume it from SMAX Portal by submitting a photo - OCR feature is enabled and text is added to Description of the new request
  3. if i try to consume the same offer/request from Mobile App, there is no option to attach Photo

2019-01-15 13_39_21-Window.pngImage-1.jpg

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
This should be a new idea. This works when you have Smart Analytics enabled, but if you have SMA-SM using SOLR engine, there is no way to attach a file to a request from the mobile phone. In a customer using SMA to present a Shared Services catalog, if the user is reporting a failure or issue in any place, system or whatever, they could attach an image to show the nature of the issue. Let's imaging reporting a broken window, a misplaced desk, a damage in a wall, or a system failure. Having the possibility to attach an image (to show the actual issue) or a file (eg. a dedicated format to give more information) gives important info to the assignment group.

Hello Paparras,

Yes I submited this as New Idea for SMAX Mobility. i understand photo attachment works for submitting Smart ticket or Support ticket, but if I want to submit a photo for a Service Request/offering, it's not supported on SMAX today. Please find photos that i attached above.

So the idea status should be moved again to evaluation, as it's not offered as of today.

thanks in advance,

best Regards,

Nathalie

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Could you please publish again the idea, seen that it's not "already offered"?

I have to vote because I have a customer of mine asking that (They have SMA-SM 2018.08).

Thanks,

Roberto

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Re-opening the request to allow voting, and edited the original idea to clarify the use case. Thanks!

Thank you for your idea. At this time, your idea hasn’t received enough community support and doesn’t align with our priorities so we are closing this idea. But we may review this again in the future. Thank you for your support and continue posting & voting on ideas to help make our products better.
Status changed to: Declined

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.