Subscriber Group

Idea ID 1673009

Subscriber Group

Hi Team ,
We want to subscribe services /Service definition /offering based on Group subscription . We tried the same option under SACM>Subscription>Subscription group but it is not working ,I see only individual subscription is working at this moment .

This functionality will be really beneficial as we can save lot of time and efforts . It is really not ideal to create subscription for each user in a group to a particular service rather we can have only one subscription for entire group .

Regards 

Praveen 

Tags (1)
4 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Declined

hi @Praveen Viswanath - please explain why the current group subscription is not working for you. We can't review this Idea without further details. Once provided, I'll reopen the Idea. Thanks

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Tonya ,

We got a confirmation from R&D that the subscriiber group is not completly implemented yet in SMAX 2018.08 hence i am raising this request .

By enabling this functionlaity it would be really helpful to assosciate Service to a group else it would be time taking to subscribe each person of a group .

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Tonya,

Please can you change the status or can you let me know if i need to create one more request 

Description 

Subscriber group functionality present in subscription not working  

Benefits / Value : 

By implementing this it will save lot of time and effort , since currently we have only subscriber option . This is tidious and we need to create subscription for each users individually 

Design details: 

Subscriber group is already present and we got information from R&D that this functionality is not completly working or implemented .

Current Scenario after implementing design 

Nothing happens , even though we fill the subscriber group we cannot see the services 

R&D and product team both informed this will be a new design and should go via Idea exchange .

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Created a separate post for it https://community.microfocus.com/t5/SMA-Idea-Exchange/Subscription-via-group/idi-p/1771142

This funcitoanlity is very much required and my customer is questioning the purpose of subscriber group in the form , so do consider this .

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.