Support for OpenJDK/Zulu 11 with Asset Manager AutoPass

Idea ID 2690973

Support for OpenJDK/Zulu 11 with Asset Manager AutoPass

0 Votes

Requesting on behalf of a large financial instituion that Asset Manager support the latest release of OpenJDK/Zulu, version 11. Current support is for Oracle Java SE , which is become paid.

16 Comments
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Remark: The request is specifically for the AutoPass tool

Currently AutoPass works only with Java JRE 32-bit

Now OpenJDK/Zulu 8 is supported in Asset Manager 

Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Hello.

When I use AutoPass + Java 8 i have no error. But when I use AutoPass + Zulu Java 8.38 I have error. AutoPass: License Manager stops seeing licenses, and Asset Manager Automated Process Manager has the error "AutoPass license invalid or cannot be found."

@Denis Silantyev For Zulu Java 8.38 issue, please raise a support ticket and then we can check the root cause about it.

@Ming-Fengin support case SD02505016 support team ask to me open IDEA.

Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

hi, 

Autopass uses Oracle JDK ; we have a requirement to replace Oracle JDK with Open JDK.

IS there a environment variable for UFT - where I can provide path of Open JDK instead of Oracle JDK? What is the name of that variable?

I am using Open JDK 1.8.0 and up.

@Denis Silantyev your issue should be a configuration problem, please check with support to follow-up.

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

@rashi_agarwal You can also point JAVA_HOME to the folder of your Open JDK installations and then set the PATHvariable to %JAVA_HOME%\bin. So when you want to change the JDK you change only the JAVA_HOMEvariable and leave PATH as it is

Hello,

All is working properly on AM 9.71 . Confirmed by Denis Silantyev and myself.

The documentation about AutoPass was misleading and has to be changed.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.