The last updated time for Knowledge articles is based on the last view of an article.

Idea ID 2778459

The last updated time for Knowledge articles is based on the last view of an article.

The last updated time for knowledge articles is based on the last viewed time of an article which is misleading.

This should either:
State that it is the last viewed time.
Be removed.
Be based on the last time the article was changed (not read).

I have raised this with M/F support who have stated

"We were able to reproduced on SMAX 2020.02, too. So I discussed this behavior with the backline engineer and the product is working correctly because when a user views a knowledge article the number of views for the knowledge article must be updated and this activity is performed by the system.

We suggest you to submit a new Idea to our Idea Exchange portal."

In my opinion this is pretty bad design and customer service and should really be corrected via the ticket as its totally misleading as it looks like the article has been updated more recently then it actually has.

This happens on offerings aswell but at least the end user can not see this last updated time on offerings.

Last update time is displayed hereimage.png

The last updated time by the system

image (1).png

The real last updated time (not by the system)

image (2).png

Its unlikely this will ever get enough votes so will always remain as a "Feature". in SMAX.

Tags (1)
3 Comments
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Wow - I had wondered what was going on with this feature, and now I know!

This feature either needs to be removed or this fixed - it makes no sense otherwise, and it sounds like there was a breakdown in understanding when it was setup by the engineers involved.

It is really a bug, so a bit disappointing to get that response from support. I will raise this too via our host!

Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Thanks Ben - I appreciate it.

Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi Michael and Ben,

We agree that this design misses the intent of the feature.  We are looking into it.

Thanks,

Steve

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.