itom my tasks with link to source tool

Idea ID 2684213

itom my tasks with link to source tool

0 Votes

SMAX can be used together with OMi for Event to Incident Management. An OMI event opens an incident in SMAX and adds a link to the incident, that points to the event in OMi.

Idea is to have this 'tasked based on' feature in OMI and other ITOM products

Reason:

If the incident is a critical one the incident will fast forwarded to the L3 or L4. SME working as L3 or L4 typically work in OMi (OpsBridge). To prevent the swivel of tools it would be helpful if the incident appears in their task list with a link (as it does is SMAX vice versa).

Same could be done for SME in the role of Configuration Manager (with UCMDB) and SME that support HCM deployment, too. 

We can create an OO flow that does the work for all tools, but the idea is to come up with a cross-portfolio solution.

Each of the products already has a 'My Tasks' section, so it should be easy to create this 'task with a link' . 

Tags (1)
1 Comment
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Thank you for sharing your idea! It’s open for comments and kudos, and we’re looking forward to input from the community. Once there is enough community traction, it will be further reviewed by the product team.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.