Idea ID 2691094

"Create change from record" in custom module

Hello team,

This is a 2019.02 SMAX environment.

In OOB, if I go to an incident ticket “13706” as below, the URL would be:
https://xxxx.yyyy.net/saw/Incident/13706/general
Now click “Create change from record, it will open a new window:
https://xxxx.yyyy.net/saw/Change-from/13706/general
System will copy value of some fields to this new change too.

It's not possible to do such customization in a custom module.

I created a custom app called "Risk Assessment", will all tables/fields/process/rules/forms configured.

I added one associate field and set “Target entity” to “Change”, so that I can relate risk record with change record.

Then I add a custom action "Create change from record".

If I use workflow itself to open a change, I am able to open a change ticket with pre-defined mandatory fields and relate it to my risk record.

However, we want end user to fill in all necessary fields like OOB does in "Incident/Change/Request" modules.

If I enable "URL" field in custom action to create a change, it can lead user to open new change page.

However in this case we cannot relate the change with risk record.

Is there a way to do the customizaiton like OOB moudles do?

If not would you consider it as an ER?

Thank you,

3 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

You are correct. The means for creating a related record in a Custom Application today is via a Custom Action. However, this method does not allow the end user to complete the creation by presenting the new record in a form. This would be a valid enhancement for consideration.

David

Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Thank you for sharing your idea! It’s open for comments and kudos, and we’re looking forward to input from the community. Once there is enough community traction, it will be further reviewed by the product team.

Frequent Visitor..
Frequent Visitor..

Steve,

looking into what Estelle states it sound to me like they created an own app/module for doing Risk Calculation/RiskAssesment.

I think this is something already offered for SM9.60 up words. And I think you mentioned it is in the current backlog

Regards,
Martijn

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.