Highlighted

2020.05 Upgrade, unable to find images executing uploadimages.sh script

Jump to solution

Hi

Currently doing a upgrade from 2020.02 to 2020.05. The CDF upgrade have been done successfully.

i am getting unexpected behaviour, it sat certain images can't be find where the download script flagged no error and reflected all images were downloaded, see below for snapshot.

imagesNotFound.PNG

images not foundimages not found

Output from the download script.

download script outputdownload script output

Have anyone experience similar issue or can advise on possible way to pass this stage?  Thanking you in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi 

Thank you for the prompted/detailed reply. i used the provided link to ensure that my itom-registry is up date. That solution didn't resolve my issue, i believe it would helped if no images were able to upload to docker.

I am starting to suspect the issue is on the files downloaded, it took around 5 hour to download the first time and re-download again and it took 2 hours to finish. According to my knowlege sha256sum validate the quality and integrity of a file transferred. it will match in those hexadecimal if the file haven't lost it's integrity or not corrupt. Suspecting the images might have been too big or affected by cyberSec vetting the images.

sha256sum.PNG

And yes a support call will be logged as well.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
There may be a version difference in files that are downloaded thru
download script and the one mentioned in the meta file for upgrade.
Need to have the latest version of both.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hmm

The offline download package is for 2020.05 obtained from management portal.

If download script was incorrect, i believe we would downloaded different amount of images than expected by the upload script.

if there is a way to troubleshoot this, please do advise

0 Likes
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Best would eb to open a support case with MFC.

My experience was from a previous upgrade where the upgrade CDF meta file
was updated from the one I downloaded and the images were newer then the
download script.
Easy way to double check it is to check the CDF upgrade file name with the
one one the MFC site it may have changed.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The images are normally downloaded into: /var/opt/kubernetes/offline/imagesxxx folder then uploaded into the registry localhost:5000 with the upload script

Can you see the missing images in /var/opt/kubernetes/offline/imagesxxxx (#ll |grep autopass)

If not then they are really missing from the target – I would guess they are there

Make sure the access to the localhost:5000 registry is still ok.

# docker login localhost:5000

Username: registry-admin

Password: <Your admin Password>

Now try to find out if the UI error is correct by checking the current images in the local registry

#docker images |grep autopass

You should see localhost:5000/hpeswitom/itom-autopass-lms, if the not the images hasn’t really been uploaded

Check if the pod handling this part is up and running. If not restart it or check his log

#kubectl get pods -n core -o wide |grep registry

kube-registry-6f668bb876-265c9  2/2  Running

Status should be 2/2  Running

If is all ok so far - 2 questions

- Are you using more than 1 master node ?

- What is the version of your  itom-registry image ?  #docker images |grep itom-registry

if the version of itom-registry image is  2.9.0 then I would suggest to open a support case to validate if the workaround below should be applied on your system

https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Service_Management_Automation_-_SM:2020.02/FailToUploadImagesToK8s

Highlighted

Hi 

Thank you for the prompted/detailed reply. i used the provided link to ensure that my itom-registry is up date. That solution didn't resolve my issue, i believe it would helped if no images were able to upload to docker.

I am starting to suspect the issue is on the files downloaded, it took around 5 hour to download the first time and re-download again and it took 2 hours to finish. According to my knowlege sha256sum validate the quality and integrity of a file transferred. it will match in those hexadecimal if the file haven't lost it's integrity or not corrupt. Suspecting the images might have been too big or affected by cyberSec vetting the images.

sha256sum.PNG

And yes a support call will be logged as well.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

This seems be the file its looking for could you check the file size and
checksum is correct in the downloaded file and perhaps the metafile
manifest.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.