Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Cannot populate field when creating Incident from Request

Hello experts,

I'm trying to populate a field when creating a new Incident from Request but it is not working.

I tried following the guide and the section https://docs.microfocus.com/itomw/SMAX:2018.08/8100_UsecaseScenarios/CreateRecordFromRecord_NewField but it does not work as in the example.

In my case I want to be able to pass the RequestsOffering to a newly created Offering_c entity_link under Incident.

For now I managed to:

- Pass the offering if I use the Service Impact checkbox to create the Incident.

- Pass the offering once the Incident is created and a change is made to the Request record (After Change rule).

What I need is to be able to pass the Offering when an Incident is created via the "Create Incident from record" option.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
17 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello

Using the menu option to create an Incident from a Request, does not allow to select which fields get copied, the set is defined. You will need to combine this with a business rule running after the relation was added to update the extra fields.

Best regards,

Brindusa
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Hi Brindusa,

I tried with rules "After adding relationship" on both Request and Incident ends with no success.

As an example under Request there are rules with IDs setCurrentAssignmentToIncident-AAPC and copyExpertGroupToIncidentCausedByRequestAction-AAPC. I've tried creating similar rules or even adding the Offering to them and replicate the conditions.

BR,

Svilen

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Hello again,

From what I can tell there the After Adding Relationship rules between Request and Incident dimply do not work at all.

BR,

Svilen

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Svilen,

That's a very strong statement, I configured the rule on the Incident side, on After adding relationship and it worked fine:

If 
${current_association_update.association_name == 'IncidentCausedByRequest'}
Set 
Offering_c: ${current_association_update.association_end2.RequestsOffering}
Best regards,
Brindusa
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Hi Brindusa,

Tried it on two tenants (same environment) ith both ENTITY_LINK and SMALL_TEXT type filed. I have configured it on the top level for Incident, but have tried on the Normal workflow as well in the past.

Is it possible it is a version issue? We are on 2018.08

Best Regards,

Svilen

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Hi Brindusa,

You were absolutely right 🙂 Turns out that there is a rule, that breaks everything, although it is not related to the other rules at all. Funny thing was it had two conditions and it was failing on the first one. I reversed the order and now the rule is the same, but SMA-X checks the first one without throwing an error and all is fine.

Best Regards,

Svilen

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Hello,
I am facing the same issue can you please provide me the business rule and where you updated it.
Please provide some pointers to resolve this issue.

Regards
Kumar Shivam
0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

I am facing the same issue can you please provide me the business rule and where you updated it.
Please provide some pointers to resolve this issue.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Hi Kumar,

As far as I remember there was a custom rule breaking the After Adding Relationship rule that was supposed to set the field in a related record.

Can you provide the rule you are trying out?

BR,

Svilen

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Hello Svilen,

Thank you for your quick response.

I was hoping if you could provide me with the rule that you used to add the field.

When I  create a incident from the request record default parameters data gets copied but the parameters of the offering catalog does not gets copied which I have configured.

Can you help me out with the rule that how can I populate the parameters.

Regards

Kumar Shivam

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

1. If Expert group or Expert assignee is not empty, Current assignment has not changed from Incident to another value, and Incident caused by request Expert group is empty, sets Current assignment to Incident.
Assignment
If
${(entity.ExpertGroup!=null || entity.ExpertAssignee!=null) && !(current_update.CurrentAssignment.OldValue == 'Incident' && current_update.CurrentAssignment.NewValue != 'Incident') && entity.IncidentCausedByRequest[ExpertGroup=null].count>0}
Set
Current assignment
to
Incident

2. If Expert group or Expert assignee is not empty, Current assignment has not changed from Incident to another value, and Incident caused by request Expert group is empty, sets the related incident's assignment fields.
Assignment
If
${(entity.ExpertGroup!=null || entity.ExpertAssignee!=null) && !(current_update.CurrentAssignment.OldValue == 'Incident' && current_update.CurrentAssignment.NewValue != 'Incident') && entity.IncidentCausedByRequest[ExpertGroup=null].count>0}
On related records of type
Incident
with IDs
${entity.IncidentCausedByRequest[ExpertGroup=null].Id}
, set
ExpertAssignee: ${entity.ExpertAssignee}
ExpertGroup: ${entity.ExpertGroup}
CurrentAssignment: ${'ExpertGroup'}

3. If Expert group or Expert assignee is not empty, Current assignment has not changed from Incident to another value, and Incident caused by request Expert assignee is empty, sets Current assignment to Incident.
Assignment
If
${(entity.ExpertGroup!=null || entity.ExpertAssignee!=null) && !(current_update.CurrentAssignment.OldValue == 'Incident' && current_update.CurrentAssignment.NewValue != 'Incident') && entity.IncidentCausedByRequest[ExpertAssignee=null].count>0}
Set
Current assignment
to
Incident

4. If Expert group or Expert assignee is not empty, Current assignment has not changed from Incident to another value, and Incident caused by request Expert assignee is empty, sets the related incident's assignment fields.
Assignment
If
${(entity.ExpertGroup!=null || entity.ExpertAssignee!=null) && !(current_update.CurrentAssignment.OldValue == 'Incident' && current_update.CurrentAssignment.NewValue != 'Incident') && entity.IncidentCausedByRequest[ExpertAssignee=null].count>0}
On related records of type
Incident
with IDs
${entity.IncidentCausedByRequest[ExpertAssignee=null].Id}
, set
ExpertAssignee: ${entity.ExpertAssignee}
ExpertGroup: ${entity.ExpertGroup}
CurrentAssignment: ${'ExpertGroup'}

5. If a user adds an Incident caused by request association, sets the assignment fields to Incident.
Assignment
If
${current_association_update.association_name == 'IncidentCausedByRequest'}
Set
AssignedToPerson: ${null}
CurrentAssignment: Incident
AssignedToGroup: ${null}
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.