Cannot populate field when creating Incident from Request
I'm trying to populate a field when creating a new Incident from Request but it is not working.
I tried following the guide and the section https://docs.microfocus.com/itomw/SMAX:2018.08/8100_UsecaseScenarios/CreateRecordFromRecord_NewField but it does not work as in the example.
In my case I want to be able to pass the RequestsOffering to a newly created Offering_c entity_link under Incident.
For now I managed to:
- Pass the offering if I use the Service Impact checkbox to create the Incident.
- Pass the offering once the Incident is created and a change is made to the Request record (After Change rule).
What I need is to be able to pass the Offering when an Incident is created via the "Create Incident from record" option.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
These are the inbuilt rules from request side can you tell me which I need to modify and how or do I need to add a new rule.
There is an example earlier in the thread on how to copy a custom field. It can be extended to include multiple fields.
I want to copy the catalog offering section which is in the request section to the incident section.
There are several parameters present in the catalog offering section and I need to copy all of them not just a field,
Can you please provide proper steps and rules that I need to follow to achieve this.
When I click on the create incident from request the data from offering is not getting updated in incident field automatically.
I tried the rule mentioned in the thread but it did not worked .
Steps I did :-
1. I made a new field in the incident offering_c and used ENTITY LINK and gave the reference offering.
2. I added the field in the new incident form .
3. I added a rule mentioned above on the after adding relationship side.
4. raised a request from service portal.
5. when on the ticket and clicked on more create incident from request.
But the data is not getting copied.
Please provide me pointers or steps with rules.
The rule is just an example on how to copy one field. You need to specify the other fields you would like to copy as well.
If the data doesn't get copied, there can be an issue with the rule itself or a conflict with another rule. You can turn on the workflow debugger and trace what happens.
It is very hard to provide more guidance without knowing all the details. If you are not able to solve the issue, please open a support ticket.
You may even need to refresh the screen to see the update... so don't count on it being there at the start (i.e. when entity.Id == null there won't be relationships).