Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Child requests have a creation source which is not the same as the Bundle offering choosen

In Plan / Service catalog Menu, I have created a bundle offering with 2 different offerings inside.

Then, from Service Portal, I have ordered this Bundle offering.

• Creation Source has been set to value "Self Service Portal", this is the value expected

Then, I put a value on Service Desk Group on this Bundle offering.

• There is no approval, so the phase moves to Fulfill, this is the value expected
  • The 2 Child requests were created
    • Creation Source has been set to value "Call", this is NOT the value expected
      • I expect to have the same value as the parent request

Thanks for advice

SMAX - Bug - Creation Source on Child request is not equals to Parent request.PNG

Thierry

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Child requests have a creation source which is not the same as the Bundle offering choosen

Hello,

The Call value shown in the screenshot is not an out of the box value. I have to assume you "repurposed" the Other value by renaming the label.

The workflow will default the field value to Other, if not explicitly passed at the creation in the payload (portal, email integration, chat, etc)

I'm sure you will hear different opinions if the children should really "inherit" the source from the parent.

I agree, having it as Call is misleading, but again this is because you are reusing an existing value which out of the box is called Other.

Best regards,

Brindusa

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.