Contributor.. shraddha_gupta Contributor..
Contributor..

Customize the approval mail notification so that we can add few fields in the mail body.

Jump to solution

When a person aligned to the specific application getting an email notification for approval or further fulfillment then the notification should also include problem description in the mail body. Now only one-liner is sent to the approver (for reference please find attached screenshot). How we can customize the approval mail notification template so that we can add a few fields in the mail body.

Not able to find any template for the approval notification sent to user in Administration->Configuration->Studio->Request->Notification

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Customize the approval mail notification so that we can add few fields in the mail body.

Jump to solution

Hi There

As Approvals fall under Task section in SMAX, you need to navigate to SMAX Studio > Tasks > Approval section

I have attached sample ones we created, you can either have a dynamic one, as Approvals can occur from different records, or create them separately for e.g Change, Request etc.

To reference data from the parent record of the Approval you use the parentEntity function

Let me know if you get stuck:)

2 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Customize the approval mail notification so that we can add few fields in the mail body.

Jump to solution

Hi There

As Approvals fall under Task section in SMAX, you need to navigate to SMAX Studio > Tasks > Approval section

I have attached sample ones we created, you can either have a dynamic one, as Approvals can occur from different records, or create them separately for e.g Change, Request etc.

To reference data from the parent record of the Approval you use the parentEntity function

Let me know if you get stuck:)

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello,

We have a very detailed example in the Configuration Guide of the Practitoner Notes section of our docs, describing where the templates are, as well as how to reference fields from the parent entity.

https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/SMAX:2019.02/PractitionersNotes/SMAX_Config/xc_bre_examples/xc_bre_example_10

Best regards,

Brindusa

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.