Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

DISABLED LOCKED RULE? applyRequestSmartTicketSuggest is not a good rule microfocus

Hello,

is there anyway to disable this rule "applyRequestSmartTicketSuggest"?

its located in the Request -> after applying updates

rule.png

This is very bad design..., many customers i work with prefer to leave the offering blank in many cases. Especially with the email integration.

Is there a application setting I can turn off or you need to patch this ASAP...

Thanks

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,

Are these records configured to use the smart ticketing capability?

Best regards,

Brindusa

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Hi Brindusa,

is that configured on a per module basis?

I looked into the smart ticket application setting and recommend the customer disables that.

I will update you if this is the fix for our problem.

Thanks for the suggestion!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Smart ticketing capability applies to Request only.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

andrewsro,

As discussed through a different channel, it is not a bad design problem.

The offering doesn't just get assigned randomly, it is based on explicitly configure the smart ticketing feature:

• Smart Ticket flag enabled: to categorize tickets according to ticket display label and description.
  • If the above is enabled, additionally Smart Ticket training must be done with a resultant taxonomy tree. If that is empty, the rule will still be executed but no data in the ticket will be updated.

For more details about how to configure the feature, please follow the documentation:

https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/SMAX:2020.08/SmartAnalyticsSettings

or take a look at one of our Practitioner Forum session:

https://community.microfocus.com/t5/SMAX-Learn/Live-Meetings-for-SMAX-Software-Community-Technical/ta-p/1616351

Sep 16th, 2018: Technical Drill-down: Machine Learning (the topic itself starts around minute 31 into the recording)

Best regards,

Brindusa

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Hi Brindusa,

thank you for the links. Perhaps that practitioner forum link should be included on the smart analytics doc.

The customer did not give me all the details so I did not understand why the rule was working as it was.

It all makes sense after I learned everything involved.

I am also looking for more details around the "Activate auto-assignment" checkbox in the smart ticket task.

There are no details about this setting on the docs, and i would like to know more.

I also was confused by some ambiguity in the articles:

https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/SMAX:2020.08/APPSettings#Enable_Smart_Ticket

"With Smart Ticket enabled, Smart Analytics can intelligently populates the fields defined in smart ticket"

https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/SMAX:2020.08/SmartAnalyticsSettings

"Smart Analytics can intelligently populates the fields defined in smart ticket tasks. There are no smart ticket tasks created by default, so no fields are filled"

I don't really see the need for the smart ticket app setting if the whole functionality hinges on a smart ticket task to actually populate anything. Maybe add a note to that appsettings doc that the ticket task is needed?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,

Thank you for the suggestion. Feel free to provide the feedback directly on the documentation portal.

Best regards,

Brindusa

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.