Data from other entities in the serviceRequest form
Could you please give me any advice about this issue:
- Customer wants to have Offering for request of application roles for the internal apps
- In the detail of the Offering (serviceRequest form) customer would like to have dynamic list of roles, which the user (requestor) already has assigned
- This field should be only informative, not editable
- We have already prepared custom entity for application roles, which will be linked with users
- Is there a way, how to get this functionality?
- Could be in the serviceRequest form added fileds from other entities (not editable)?
- Could this problem be solved through text field and business rules (get the list of user roles as string)?
Thank you very much for any advice
Re: Data from other entities in the serviceRequest form
Displaying existing roles directly in the Portal is not possible. The roles are not regular fields stored on a record.
If you have a small number of roles you need to display, you can try to do it with business rules. The IsPermitted function allows you to check if a user has a specific role. You could add the relevant business rules to run the checks and save the result in some user options (probably booleans are your best option). Then for those
There are two business rules specialized for the Person workflow, to add and delete roles. Based on the values of the user options, you can update triggers on the Person record, which will then trigger the rules to add or delete one of these special roles.
Disclaimer: I have not configured this end to end flow exactly as explained, but I used in the past different subsets of this flow.