Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Get a field value from a Reference table based on different field value from that table.

Jump to solution

I think its a very basic setup and I must be missing a small step/rule somewhere. Any pointer would be appreciated.

Query :   get record status   where record ID is <something>

This is for a  business rule to set a  reference record .

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

After going thru the out of the box entities and rules. I think I figured it out or atleast I got my requirement working.

Seems like the structure would be  {entity.<Reference entity>[field==<value>].<required Field> }

Important thing is in the [query] we need to use exact fields from reference table(example status , DisplayLabel etc).

Example from Request Rules...(ExpertAssignee is the field in Ref table not in current table)

Screen Shot 2020-07-09 at 18.39.23.png

Hope It helps someone else in need or myself when I forget about it in near future 🙂

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

After going thru the out of the box entities and rules. I think I figured it out or atleast I got my requirement working.

Seems like the structure would be  {entity.<Reference entity>[field==<value>].<required Field> }

Important thing is in the [query] we need to use exact fields from reference table(example status , DisplayLabel etc).

Example from Request Rules...(ExpertAssignee is the field in Ref table not in current table)

Screen Shot 2020-07-09 at 18.39.23.png

Hope It helps someone else in need or myself when I forget about it in near future 🙂

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.