Highlighted

How can we send email with file attached?

I have a requirement to send out email with file attached. Example, i want to send out email on change record with implementation plan document attached to that email? 

This is an similar logic behind scheduled reports. 

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,

As long as the attachments are embedded in a RICH_TEXT field you are including in the notification, the attachment will be part of the message.

Best regards,

Brindusa

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Brindusa

Can you please demonstrate an example on an SMAX notification template? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Just pick any out of the box notification template which includes a RICH_TEXT field.

You can even use the "Send email" action from the "More" menu. Obviously make sure you picked a record where you dragged an attachment in the Description.

Best regards,

Brindusa

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @Brindusa Kevorkian 

Thank you. The suggestion only works if the attachment file is dragged into the RICH_TEXT field and the attachment doesn't reflect on the attachment tab.

But isn't a way to send the actual files from the attachment field via mail. Tried including the attachment field in the mail template and it just sent out the field content [file name, size, attachment id].

Potentially if i can automatic assign the attachments into a RICH_TEXT field would be alternative way to send out those files, but again i can't assign the attachment into RICH_TEXT field, it just assign the content details [attachment id, file name, etc]

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The "Attachment" field is a complex field, storing the list of files and the attributes. Just adding it to a template will not be enough.

If the requirement is to send the entire list of attachments, please submit a new idea.

Best regards,

Brindusa

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.