Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Super Contributor.. alperoz Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Imported users were deleted but still in IDM

Hello,

To try CIT integration, I have imported a small group of users from Active Directory with Connect-IT. After that I have manually deleted those users through Suite-Administration interface and Tenant's Person menu link (Single tenant environment). 

Now those users cannot be created manually nor imported via Connect-IT. Connect-IT import completed successfully but those users are not displayed. If I try to create them manually, I receive the error "The user xxx has already been created in the idm".

Any ideas?

Regards,

0 Likes
7 Replies
Eva_HP Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Imported users were deleted but still in IDM

hi, To find the root cause of this issue, we need more detail information from you. Can you help to provide answer for below questions? 1. Which version of SMAX he is using? 2. Whether you did “user sync” by clicking button “Hard sync user” under BO-Tenant detail or “Sync” under Tenant-People? after deleted the user from BO 3. Whether this created user login to SAW before delete? 4. Can user be created again in BO after “create user in BO directly, and delete”? best regards, Eva
0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Hello,

We're implementing 2018.08 and we have already tried Hard Sync and Sync options. Users cannot be created on BO manually because it gives "the user xxx has already been created in IDM" error.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,

Is it possible to provide answers to all the questions previously asked? It would be helpful to provide the detailed steps.

Alternatively, please open a ticket with Support to continue the investigation.

Best regards,

Brindusa

0 Likes
Misaq Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

I experienced this while testing in earlier version of 2018.08 SMAX(no swap).

I had a misbehaving pod that I recycled and evetually restarted the suite/CDF.

Unfortunately I did not investigated  further as a newere version(guidance) showed with SWAP ON features. I have not encountered the same issue while testing further.

My guess is either XML or DB issue in this case.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@alperoz, could you please check if the new users you are trying to add have a different email address from any other emails already used? If the email is already used on another user record, please test by using a different email address for the user you are trying to add and see if the operation is successful.

Best regards,

Brindusa

0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Hello,

I have tried with different email address but same result. Btw, we are using samAccountName attribute instead of email for UPN. While importing users with CIT, we specified upnDataType attribute to "Customer_UID".

Error screen attached.

BR,

Alper Ozdemir

0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Please find my answers below:

1. Which version of SMAX he is using? - 2018.08

2. Whether you did “user sync” by clicking button “Hard sync user” under BO-Tenant detail or “Sync” under Tenant-People? after deleted the user from BO - Tried both before you asked but same result.

3. Whether this created user login to SAW before delete? - No

4. Can user be created again in BO after “create user in BO directly, and delete”?  - No, it cannot be created.

BR,

Alper Ozdemir

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.