Commodore Commodore
Commodore

LDAP Integration only created contacts. What about the user record?

Good day everyone. I am using the 2018.02 version of the SMA-X which was installed from the AWS Marketplace for trial of the software.

I followed the steps on the section LDAP Integration (page 107) of the document ConfigurationGuide_2017_12.pdf.

It worked in that it created the person record in SMAX of type Contact.

I was just wondering why it didn't create a user record in the Suite?  Was that the intention of that "LDAP Integration" section of that document?  To only create contact record?  Do we need to create our own process using the Manager Persons API in order to automate the creation of the corresponding user records in Suite?

All of our AD users will need to log to the system so they can use the Service Catalogue in the Service Portal.

Thanks and regards.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,

The LDAP integration you are referring to is used to populate data for the Person and Group entities, indeed it does not create users, just contacts. For creating users, you can use the Manage Persons REST API or CIT (which uses the same API).

Best regards,

Brindusa

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.