Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Making an outbound REST call - REST Business Rule

Hi Experts,

We're trying to make a simple REST POST to our partners application and don't know how to debug the whole thing. What we've already covered:

• OPB Agent
  • Endpoint
  • Certificates (OPB and Partner)

We've also made a successful call to the partner System from the very same machine where the OPB is installed - it worked. 

As a POC I just went on and added an automated task (REST) to an incident Model. Now, after creating an incident and selecting the only incident model I can see that the task launches but it stays in work in progress... Also I don't really see a trace of sending the call: when I look at the agent in and the list of last three operations I can only see the Auth stuff from agent startup... Should I see the RESTful POST attempt here... Also I don't seem to find the payload/body in controller.log on the OPB Machine... How can I take a look at the outgoing message for debugging? 

controller log added!

Extra: is there a way to test the eindpoint on the OPB Machine... I mean put in some body, method and try the call bypassing SMAX?

Thanks in advance!

BR,

Dávid

0 Likes
0 Replies
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.