Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Notification to email registered on ticket

Jump to solution

A new field was created in user options to register a different email when creating a ticket. How can I make this notification only reach the email registered on the ticket? I have tried the entity.email_c parameter in the notifications, but it doesn't work, any ideas or suggestions?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Notification to email registered on ticket

Jump to solution

To verify proper setup  you could test following:

1. If regular notifications are being sent(meaning email configuration is working)
  2. Try creating send notification business rule with normal email fields(not custom ones)
  3. also if BO email configuration is tested and verified in the menu status.
  4. If you are using external emails make sure your back-end mail gateway allows external emails relay.
  5. You can further check the log files for notification activity for your rule:

sma mail logssma mail logs

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello,

Could you please provide the exact rule you tried to use? entity.email_c  will not work because email_c is not a valid name for a field/user option.

Best regards,

Brindusa

Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Jump to solution

Sure, currently use the following rule

If 
${entity.RequestBundle == null && tenant_settings.EMAIL_INTEGRATION_ENABLED == false}
Send notification to 
${entity.CorreoElectronico_c}
 using 
Template Definition for create request
 with parametres

When entity.CorreoElectronico_c is the new field where the user registers a new email

Best regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello

Try using this expression:

${split(entity.CorreoElectronico_c)}

For more details, please see the "Send notification" section under the page below:

https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/SMAX:2020.02/DSLActionRules#Send_notification

If you have multiple email addresses you need to include, just separate them by semicolon when you store them in the field.

Best regards,
Brindusa

Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Jump to solution
Previously I used split but did not receive emails, is the field a mail type, is it correct or does it have to be a smalltext?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

For the use with the split function, I tested with small text, since it allows you to add more than one email.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Jump to solution
I tried a small text but it did not work, I still do not receive the notification to the extra mail, the spit function is used in the target parameter of the business rule?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

I tested your setup and it works fine for me.

Only difference it may be a missing of UserOption in the call out.

entity.CorreoElectronico_c  should be  entity,UserOptions.CorreoElectronico_c

considering its a UserOption field.

I used a string type field in 2020.05 SMAX (  ${split(entity.UserOptions.External_c)}  )

Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Jump to solution
Maybe its the version, I have a 2019.05 smax version, I tryed your answer but dont work.

Other data: I dont use the email integration, I need it or not?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

You will defi. need to setup email configuration otherwise backend doesnot know how to send the notification.

You need to setup the email gateway proxy and other things in the BO. If you have not already done so.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Jump to solution
I have the email configuration in the bo and in the application but I still do not receive them, maybe it could be the version?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

To verify proper setup  you could test following:

1. If regular notifications are being sent(meaning email configuration is working)
  2. Try creating send notification business rule with normal email fields(not custom ones)
  3. also if BO email configuration is tested and verified in the menu status.
  4. If you are using external emails make sure your back-end mail gateway allows external emails relay.
  5. You can further check the log files for notification activity for your rule:

sma mail logssma mail logs

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.