Commander Commander
Commander

Problems replacing self-signed certificate

I have installed the on-premises version of SMAX with the self-signed certificates and want to replace them with the customers signed certificates but I cannot get it to work.

After supplying the CA / Server / Key files (and the correct password for the private key) I get the error "Certificate validity period extend failed!" in the admin portal.

The certificates (CA / intermediate and server) are all valid atleast 2 years so that's not the problem.

This error also occured during the installation but then I just resigned and used the self-signed instead.

Any tips?

Running version 2019.11

Tags (2)
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,

Since additional troubleshooting might be required and logs to be reviewed, I suggest opening a ticket.

Best regards,

Brindusa

0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Hi,

we have a very similar issue with SMAX 2020.02 and opened a ticket. As a workaround we tried the "old way" of changing certificates (e.g. https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/SMAX:2018.08/Replace-the-certificate-for-Service-Management-Automation_19895583). This works fine for us until we get a solution for the ticket.

Best Regards

Volker

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.