Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Request raised in service portal is not shown in specified offering type?

Hello

When i raise a offering ticket in service portal of smax and check the request in dashboard the request is always shown in service request instead of incident or change even though i have specified that offering type as incident offering and made it default type.

What may be the problem behind this?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Request raised in service portal is not shown in specified offering type?

Hello,

From the Portal, you can only submit requests. The fulfillment plan behind the scenes can decide if an incident or change needs to be created.

I'm not sure what you mean by "i have specified that offering type as incident offering and made it default type." This is not something that is supported.

If you are new to SMAX, I strongly suggest taking training, to become familiar with the product, the way of working concepts as well as the technical aspects.

To better understand the difference between requests and incidents, here is a good starting point:

https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/SMAX:2020.02/PN/pn5e963af98910e3.86380753

Best regards,

Brindusa

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.