Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Roles definition: Difference of update and admin permission

Jump to solution

Within the roles definition, you can check/uncheck permissions for a specific record type.

docs.microfocus.com says:

Update "Enables you to update records of the selected record type in the grid." while

Admin "Enables you to update the selected record type in the records module."

I have no clear understanding what this will mean for e.g. Incidents, Service Requests.

Question is: What's the difference between Admin and Update permission, e.g. in Incident Module? What can I do with Admin permission in addition to Update

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,

The Admin permission has been added for future use, please ignore it.

Best regards,

Brindusa

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,

The Admin permission has been added for future use, please ignore it.

Best regards,

Brindusa

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi Brindusa,

then please update the help / help server (e.g. mark the area), so that it reflects your statement.

We had internal discussion about that permission but never thought it is not used at all.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I have been using the Admin right in order to control customer-specific process rights.

E.g. some privileged field will be set to read-only unless the expression:

${current_user.IsPermitted('EMS-AdminTemplate(entityType='Request)')}

is true (here using the Request entity as an example)

That way, you can create a specific role with Admin rights on an entity, and setup the process to control access to some functionality (fields or manual transitions) only for those users with that role.

I know that this can also be done by testing on the role itself, but I always found this method based on a specific right more flexible.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.