Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Rules in Offering default values

Jump to solution

Hi,

My customer wants the restrict the possible values in the Service Desk Group and Expert Group fields in the Defaults Values section.

The Default Values form is edited in the Request entity, but it is available in the Offering application. Since the fields are from the Request, we thought that it would assume the rules of the Request entity. We created rules in the Request entity to define the suggested values for both of these fields, but they only work in the Request application.

How can I achieve this?

Thanks.

BR

Tomas Azevedo

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,

I understood the question, you would like to control what gets selected as value in the Defaults tab of the offering. There is no option to do that directly, on the offering, that's why I was suggesting verifying if the value is allowed as part of the Request workflow.

Best regards,

Brindusa

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,

The default value, as the name says, it's there as default. If there is a need for a different logic, should be done through business rules.

Best regards,

Brindusa

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

I think you didn't understand my question @Brindusa Kevorkian .

I know what the default value functionality does. I've applied a rule to filter suggested values for the Service Desk Group field, but the rule only works in the Request application and not when the person is choosing a value for the Service Desk Group default value field in the Offering.

BR
Tomas Azevedo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,

I understood the question, you would like to control what gets selected as value in the Defaults tab of the offering. There is no option to do that directly, on the offering, that's why I was suggesting verifying if the value is allowed as part of the Request workflow.

Best regards,

Brindusa

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.