Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

SMA-SM - Service Portal - Authentication through the Service Manager server failed

Hello Guys,

I'm setting up SMA-X Service Portal with Service Manager 9.5; everything was deployed without error, connection test successfully but when I'm connecting on the Service Portal I am getting the message:

Authentication through the Service Manager server failed. Any idea of what can be? And where to troubleshoot it?

I am using DB authentication on Service Portal; same user name of the one in SM and same pwd. Also the operator I am using has sysadmin rights with REST capability.

Best Regards,

Breno Abreu

Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

First thing to check would be the sm.log on the SM server.  It should contain an error message if the login failed in SM.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Have you resolved the issue? I got the same issue, everything is configured correctly in SM and SMA-SM.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

I solved by using local authentication. It's under QA now and there will be local; next weeks we will start production and configure LDAP. Check the logs, you find the reason there...
Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Hi,

facing same problem, i could not find local authentication option to select.

would you please put some more light on solution

thanks in advance,

Regards,
Madhan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Hi Madhan,

Two things to check:

In SM the user shoul have Rest Api capability word.

SM-Gateway pod must be up and running. After Suite instalaltion is done, this pod is not started automatically - check the doc about it.

BR,

Alex

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.