Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. etravella Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

SMA-X Provisionning on AWS Marketplace - Problem with at installation

Hi everybody,

I having problems durring the installation of SMA-X Provisionning by the AWS Marketplace.

After subscription to the AMI "Service Management Automation", and after filling in the information (name, public IP, availability zone, etc...), the cloud formation begin the installation and after about 1 hour, the installation fails with the error below. I have already tried 2 times, and the same error occurs.

Does anyone know where the error comes from ?

In advance thank you.

01:50:58 UTC+0100 ROLLBACK_COMPLETE AWS::CloudFormation::Stack  DEMO

01:47:28 UTC+0100 ROLLBACK_IN_PROGRESS AWS::CloudFormation::Stack DEMO The following resource(s) failed to create: [MasterNode1WaitCondition]. . Rollback requested by user.

01:47:26 UTC+0100 CREATE_FAILED AWS::CloudFormation::WaitCondition MasterNode1WaitCondition WaitCondition received failed message: 'Service Management Automation Suite setup failed' for uniqueId: i-0ca50a8e88ea40e30

ID physique :arn:aws:cloudformation:us-east-1:043858223430:stack/DEMO/25382f10-1113-11e8-b6df-500c3d441629/MasterNode1WaitHandle  

Jeton de demande client :Console-CreateStack-3e49be03-1e0e-4774-8b3e-838e94ce7cb7

0 Likes
3 Replies
Ankit_desai Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: SMA-X Provisionning on AWS Marketplace - Problem with at installation

Hi -

It is important to understand if the process listed here on our docs site was followed:

https://docs.microfocus.com/wiki/display/ITSMA201711X/Provision+SMA-X+on+AWS+Marketplace

Especially the parameters per step 7 in the doc:

Provide the following information before installation:

• Stackname (which will be your EC2 instance name)
  • Availability Zone
  • External Access FQDN: this is the FQDN described in the Prerequisites section
  • External Access EIP: this is the EIP described in the Prerequisites section
  • KeyName
  • Password for the admin user (suite administrator for the CDF Management Portal )
  • Password for the suite-admin user (suite administrator for the SMA-X Suite Administration interface)
  • CIDR block: 0.0.0.0/0 (for a demonstration environment only) 

Can you please confirm?

Sr. Product Manager - ITSMA
0 Likes
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

There are some key requirements that might not have been mentioned when deploying SMA-X off from AWS Marketplace.  Also, some links provided by the instructions are misleading - for example, EIP, not really needing a predefined instance.  I created a step-by-step instructions to fill in the gaps.  This was created for the 2017.11 release but should be valid for the latest 2018.02 also.  See attached.

Kasey Kunstmanas
Contributor.. dimpisPerfTech Contributor..
Contributor..

Thank you very much for your detailed doc. I have an issue when trying to configure my SMTP server. (administration Page->Configurations->Email Service).

After testing the connection successfully, an error message pops-up when trying to save this configuration.  Please note, that this error emerges only when i activate the "Authentication Required" flag!!!

Any ideas what's wrong?error_LI.jpg

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.