Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. etravella Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

SMA-X and Office 365 SMTP Relay

Hi,

I would like to know if anyone has already set an Office 365 account for the SMTP config.

The only smtp relay that we could set up successfully is the AWS SMTP (via the resource named "Simple Email Service". This resource is not useful because you have to send a relay authorization to each address to which you want to send notifications.

When we try to use our office 365 account to send notifications :

url : smtp.office365.com

port : 25 or 587

login and password : my office 365 account

Notifications of reset passwords are not sent.

When I configured the SMTP settings, the connection test worked correctly (like attached screen).

So, is there only one who has already implemented the SMTP relay via Office 365 ?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Valued Contributor.. martinezx64 Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Re: SMA-X and Office 365 SMTP Relay

Hello,

I also had this problem. I added the SMTP server with port 587 of SMTP.gmail.com, then, the test starts without problems, but when I try to send an email, a message "Email not sent" is displayed.

Best regards.

0 Likes
Misaq Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

I have tried it with  gmail it works with both 25/587  but will only goto gmail addresses.

0 Likes
WitoldKTW Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi

It' working fine. Try the following configuration:

Mail server host: smtp.office365.com

Mail Protocol: EWS

--

Mail from: email adress of the account you use for authentication

Enable NTLM: yes

Domain: your domain

User and password: your user used for authentication

--

Service path: EWS/Exchange.asmx

Version EXCHANGE_2013_SP1

Regards, Witold

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.