Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

SMAX Approval Delegation

Jump to solution

Hi there

We would like to have a certain group of people be able to add approval delegation on behalf of someone.

Is this at all possible in the SMAX system.

Use case is, if someone is off sick, this group of people should be able to set the "Sick Employee's" Approval delegation for him to whichever person they want to.

I have already tried, using an Integration user with Tenant Admin Role, via the API to set the Delegation, but getting "you don't have permissions" error when doing this.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: SMAX Approval Delegation

Jump to solution
Thanks Brindusa
We can update them individually as you mention, but would like the option to set it so it auto delegates the approvals for the duration required. Will log an Idea in the portal:)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Mario,

The only UI available is is the Self Service Portal. In addition, Tenant Admin users and users with special permission can see the approvals of other users in the Agent UI, under "Approvals". A manager can as well see the approval list for team members.

If you still need to configure the delegation, you could use a REST API and create or update the Task delegation configuration (key TaskDelegationConf)

Best regards,

Brindusa

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution
Thanks Brindusa
We can update them individually as you mention, but would like the option to set it so it auto delegates the approvals for the duration required. Will log an Idea in the portal:)
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Mario,

I think I found another solution, using an offering, where in the fullfilment plan we have an automated task to create a delegation record.

I used the combination of Requested For/Requested By for the Delegate/Delegator. You can argue about the mapping, who submits the request and who is the "on behalf", you can reverse the mapping.

I also created two user options for the start date and end date.

Here is what the business rule looks like:

Delegation.JPG

Best regards,

Brindusa

Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Thanks Brindusa

This works great:)

Once setup, the users we allow to the offering just have to select the "on behalf" option as the user they would like to set delegation for.

Then the task does what it needs to

Appreciate the assistance

Ciao

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution
Hi Brindusa
Just a follow up question, how do we expose the RequestedBy and RequestedFor Fields in the portal. My thoughts were , like other fields they are hidden by Studio rules and we have managed to make other fields visible by disabling the rules. however I cannot find the rules for these 2 fields, or what would cause them to not be visible in the Service Portal

Any ideas?
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Mario,

The fields are not added on the portal forms, that's why they are not visible. This is by design, as you don't want the end users to be able to select the values. The user logged in is always the Requested By. By default, it is also the Requested For. If he/she selects the "Request on behalf" mode from the menu and picks a person, that becomes the Requested For. As you can see, there is no need to display the fields on the form.

Best regards,

Brindusa

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution
Thanks Brindusa

Agreed, many thanks
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.