Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

SMAX - Survey Fields

Hi Team

Hoping to find an answer to the following question.

Does anyone know where SMAX stored the Survey Text Responses in the Database?

We created a Survey with a Text Response where users can add a comment, which we can export via the Survey Export function.

We would like to understand in which Database table/view this data is stored

We had a look at the Survey, Surveyquestion,SurveyAnalytical etc. but cannot seem to find this specific survey comment field:)

Might just be looking in the wrong place

0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: SMAX - Survey Fields

Hello,

Is there a particular reason why the data available from the UI export is not addressing your requirements?

The internal data structure is not documented and the supported method to extract it is from the UI.

Best regards,

Brindusa

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hi Brindusa

We migrated the customer from HP Service Manager to SMAX.

We developed them a simple solution that when a user submits a negative Survey, it needs to create a Request in the system, which the Service Desk Call Managers need to attend to, to feedback with the requestor.

This is used as part of their KPI's

What I am currently doing is querying the Survey Report via the API, downloading the excel extract, and using OO to get the data I need and use the API again to create a request in SMAX. It's not efficient and is buggy.

What I would like is a clean way to get the Survey Results data via API, or someway to trigger a rule from SurveyResults(Which is locked) to auto create a request when a Negative Survey is submitted.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,

The data is not available through APIs, just from the UI. I suggest submitting an idea.

Best regards,

Brindusa

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.