Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. tomasaazevedo Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

SMTP server "Mail from" name

Jump to solution

Hi,

I was wondering where does the name of the "Email from" comes from.

In Application Settings I configured SMTP and the "Mail from" field. The e-mails are arriving fine, but it shows in my inbox like "Service Management Automation <[mail-from@email.com]>". Is this name "Service Management Automation" configurable within SMAX or is this done within the mail server?

BR 

Tomas Azevedo

Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: SMTP server "Mail from" name

Jump to solution

Hello,

It is not configurable from the Back office, but can be overridden at the notification template level.

Best regards,

Brindusa

1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: SMTP server "Mail from" name

Jump to solution

Hello,

It is not configurable from the Back office, but can be overridden at the notification template level.

Best regards,

Brindusa

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.