Highlighted
Frequent Visitor..
Frequent Visitor..

Send a notification to display the last comment that was entered in the comment field on a Incident

Hello,

I am trying to set up notification to be sent out when a comment is added to an Incident and to only display the last comment that was entered. 

I tried

If

${current_update.Comments.IsChanged}
Send comment notification to  using 
New comment added
 with 

And I also tried

${current_update.Comments.IsChanged}
Set 
Comments
 to 
filter_comments(comments_added(current_update.Comments.OldValue, current_update.Comments.NewValue),

I added these expressions on the Process and Rules tab. I am looking for assistance on what to add on the Process and Rules tab and what expression to add on the actual Notification.

Thank you

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,

The first rule should work, although if you don't specify the recipient list, the notification will be sent to the record stakeholders and previous comment submitters.
With that said, there is already an out of the bix rule for this, which has a "smart" condition to exclude any system comments (search by sendCommentNotification rule id)

When a new comment is added, sends a comment notification.
If 
${current_update.Comments.IsChanged && count(comments_filtered(comments_added(current_update.Comments.OldValue, current_update.Comments.NewValue), 'ActualInterface', 'SYSTEM')) < count(comments_added(current_update.Comments.OldValue, current_update.Comments.NewValue))}
Send comment notification to 
recipients
 using 
New comment added
 with 
parameters

The second rule is not a good idea, you are trying to change the entire Comments complex type (blob) field.

Best regards,

Brindusa

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.