Respected Contributor.. ERP Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Set user password via API

Jump to solution

I have to create about 300 users via API for load testing. Is there any way to set the password programmatically?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Set user password via API

Jump to solution

Hello

The recommended solution is to use the Manage Persons API. In supports adding the Password field to the payload for DB users.

Best regards,

Brindusa

0 Likes
5 Replies
Respected Contributor.. andrewsro Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

EDIT: Removed my post, see Brindusa's post for solution

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thanks for the response.

Is <accountid> the account tenant(s) is/are part of? (Accounts in BO interface)

How do I get an IDM token? The regular API authentication login token does not seem to work (get a 403).

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.. andrewsro Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hey,

yeah <accountid> is for whatever account the target tenant is tied to. Or whatever account you want to put the users into

Then use this guide to get the token.

https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Service_Management_Automation_-_X:2018.08/customize_login_page

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello

The recommended solution is to use the Manage Persons API. In supports adding the Password field to the payload for DB users.

Best regards,

Brindusa

0 Likes
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

Works fine, at least when creating users. I'll perform more tests to update users (not critical).

APIs need better documentation...

Thanks!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.