Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

The workflow could not be saved.Details: Resource validation failed: You cannot customize this ten

Jump to solution

Hi I cannot edit in our studio, but I do have a tenant admin role.

karlxix_3-1594288836762.png

karlxix_4-1594288867256.png

karlxix_5-1594288879737.png

This tenant is a fresh cloned tenant, any configuration that I might need to check?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello

By default, a Production tenant is locked. A tenant admin has the option to unlock it, but, as best practice, this should only take place for a good reason. Making changes directly on the Prod tenant introduces a serious risk of getting the Dev and Prod tenants out of sync, and subsequent package promotions from Dev to Prod could fail.

Best regards,

Brindusa

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..
Hi Karlxix,

Is this environment Production or Development?

You can't modify things directly in Production. You will need to do all changes in Development, then do a Dev2Prod and move those changes to your production environment.

J.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Sorry, seems I missed the fact you cloned the Tenant, so it can't be Production.

J.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi thanks for the reply.

This is production. We have another production tenant and we can directly change any modification on that without dev2prod.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..
Hi karlxix,

That's odd. In all the environments we've deployed, those changes in Studio are restricted in Tenants marked as Production. The error you originally posted is what we get if we try to do that.

Also, how did you managed to clone to a production tenant? Documentation mentions: "The target tenant cannot be a production tenant."

J.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hi, we cloned it from a trial tenant, then make that cloned tenant be a production.

We used the export tenant for this.
then import it to the new tenant. then upgrade it to Production.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Ah, I see.

J.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

I may be mistaking but there is a setting in Production tenant that disallows customization. If you uncheck it then you can do something of sorts at your own responsibility.

Customization should be done on non-prod instances/tenants, that is the approach for restrictions.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello

By default, a Production tenant is locked. A tenant admin has the option to unlock it, but, as best practice, this should only take place for a good reason. Making changes directly on the Prod tenant introduces a serious risk of getting the Dev and Prod tenants out of sync, and subsequent package promotions from Dev to Prod could fail.

Best regards,

Brindusa

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Hello how do we setup a dev2prod? we are currently have a trial tenant and prod tenant on a same account.
0 Likes
Highlighted
also can you tell me how to unlock, I cannot see this setting in BO. i got a suite-admin access.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi,

The setting is on tenant level in SMAX. Go to Application Settings >> Customization restriction policy

restriction policy.png

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.