Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Lieutenant Commander Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Time change - GMT to BST

Jump to solution

Hi,

We are based in the UK and, in 2 days, our time zone will change from GMT to BST (British Summer Time).

Will SMAX automatically change from GMT to BST or is there any changes I need to make to the system?

If it is already taken care of automatically, I'd be interested to know where trigger/time data is.

Thanks in advance.

Labels (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello

The internal time used in calculations is based on unixtime/epochtime.

If you are asking about the UI time, that's based on the local time on the machine where the browser runs

If you are asking about the time on the nodes where SMAX runs, that is managed at the OS level, not SMAX.

Best regards,

Brindusa

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,

Could you please expand on the question?

SMAX doesn't rely on a specific timezone.

Best regards,

Brindusa

0 Likes
Lieutenant Commander

Hi Brindusa,

The time shown in SMA-X did change correctly when our clocks changed to British Summer Time (+ 1 hour on GMT), so the question is no longer relevant.

However, I would like to understand what/how triggered the time change.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello

The internal time used in calculations is based on unixtime/epochtime.

If you are asking about the UI time, that's based on the local time on the machine where the browser runs

If you are asking about the time on the nodes where SMAX runs, that is managed at the OS level, not SMAX.

Best regards,

Brindusa

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Lieutenant Commander
Thanks Brindusa, it is the internal time used in calculations which I was most interested in.
Thank you for your response.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.