Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Levent Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

When updating column definitions, put operation returns "current user is not the owner"

I am using suite-admin user as user.  I want to update column lengths with postman.  I am using chrome interception for authentication.  Everything is fine but put operation returns error below:

"httpStatus": 500,
"message": "Resource validation failed: Failed to update favorite view, current user is not the owner.",

I am logging in with suite-admin user.  Is it necessary to login with the user whose column lengts must be modified ?   I want to update it with suite-admin user. any idea please?

best regards

Levent.

0 Likes
6 Replies
Outstanding Contributor.. Tarun Kumra Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: When updating column definitions, put operation returns "current user is not the owner&quo

Hi Levent

is the suite-admin user configured as tenantadmin on the tenant you are trying to update

regards
Tarun
0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Re: When updating column definitions, put operation returns "current user is not the owner&quo

Hi Tarun,

Yes it is.   And also the user I want to modify its columns is the tenant admin. 

{
"message": "Resource validation failed: Failed to update favorite view, current user is not the owner.",
"developer_message": "",
"message_key": "resource_delegate_validation",
"message_rb": "locale/platform_rms_errors",
"message_arguments": [],
"exceptionType": "ResourceValidationException",
"correlationId": "RID-e2efb66f-bc80-4991-ad7e-87c1b5f10bbe"
}

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. Tarun Kumra Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: When updating column definitions, put operation returns "current user is not the owner&

Hi Leven
Are you able to execute the same using the tenant admin user (any user other than suite-admin the user you want to modify) and also can you check if you are able to update any other user using the same.

0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Re: When updating column definitions, put operation returns "current user is not the owner&amp

Hello 

I can't update user's favorites column lengtsh.   Postman says: 

"developer_message": "",
"message_key": "resource_delegate_validation",
"message_rb": "locale/platform_rms_errors",
"message_arguments": [],
"exceptionType": "ResourceValidationException",
"correlationId": "RID-e811b7da-5e4a-496c-b359-7e4bda1c0a78"

I tried using tenant admin user  and suite-admin user.  I am using chrome interception.  

It could update one favorite. But after it, started to give this error.   Any idea ?

Thanks in Advance

Levent

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: When updating column definitions, put operation returns "current user is not the owner&amp

Levent,

This is not a public API, it is used internally by the system for updating the preferences for the connected user.

Please do not try to use it as it is not supported for external use and incorrectly used can impact the overall  user profile. If you run into issues, you will not be able to get support.

If you have a specific requirement, I suggest opening an idea on the Idea Exchange and explaining the use case.

Best regards,
Brindusa

0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Hi Brindusa,

What I am trying is suggested to me by microfocus.  I had opened a ticket about freezing problem on some users.   This was related with their favorite views they created.  If column lengts are like 90.000221566  this problem occurs.  They said that I must update these values to like 90 by using postman.    I am trying to do this.  Our version is smax 2018.11  and this is a known problem in this version. (as microfocus expert mentioned in the ticket) .  Can you help?

best regars,

Levent.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.