Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

record type there (entity), Can these record be added/updated by REST API

Hi All

I am also testing an option .

From studio->menu, user can add record type there (entity), Can these record be added/updated by REST API?

I tried below API , but it failed

https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/SMAX:2020.02/BulkUpdate

https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/SMAX:2020.02/SingleEntityOps

Is it possible to do this ?

Snipaste_2020-07-10_14-25-18.png

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Hi @shenchen 

Can you provide a bit more detailed example?

On our environment we also have a custom record type. Then from Incident module we have created an entity_link to that record type. We can successfully update the Incident via rest API with the ID of the record of the custom record type.

We also have a second custom record type that we update successfully with REST calls.

If you are having troubles with the add/update can you please share the error message and the call with the JSON.

0 Likes
Highlighted

@Svilen Ivanov

Thanks for your help

->Then from Incident module we have created an entity_link to that record type. We can successfully update the Incident via rest API with the ID of the record of the custom record type.

Could you tell me which document you followed ?

Could you share me your steps if possible ?

Actually , I don’t know which table is record type stored .

Thanks

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.