Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

rest API ticket in OO / cp SMAX 3.2.0 - Unable to Get ownership on generated ticket

Jump to solution

Hello, 

I was trying to receive some full rest API documentation but without success. 
The documentation on portal https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/SMAX:2019.05/SingleEntityOps is not sufficient as there is not mentioned for example the layout option,. field in tool, mapping what is what.  

I am able to succesfully generate the ticket. But difference between API ticket and agent generated ticket is, 
in agent ticket it's possible to checkbox "Get ownership", in API ticket is grey, unable to select. 

In attachment is comparsion how the tickets were generated. 
On right side is agent creation, it seems it meanwhile set forwarded group and impact start.  
I assume I am missing "Impact start" as Get ownership is used to calculate TTO time to own, not sure. 

What should be in API json added so the Get ownership checkbox will be active (deselected) in tool after ticket creation?  

Current JSON 

{
"entity_type": "Incident",
"properties": {
"ImpactScope": "SingleUser",
"Urgency": "SlightDisruption",
"Priority": "3-Average",
"Active": "true",
"FirstTouch": "true",
"DisplayLabel": "Test title",
"Description": "Test description",
"RegisteredForActualService": 45792,
"RequestedByPerson": "5387426",
"CompletionCode": "null",
"ServiceDeskGroup": "37400"
}
}

Thank you. 

Juraj 

Co0kies
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Hi Co0kies1,

In SMA-X go to the Menu >> Administration >> Configuration >> Studio.

In the drop-down box make sure you select "Incident" because this is the type of record you need, judging by the json in your first post. Under the drop-down box there is ribbon with tabs. Select the first one called Fields. There you can see all fields and even check only the Custom fields. All custom fields names end with "_c"

BR,

Svilen

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,

What is the "Get ownership" checkbox? I assume it is a custom field. You will have to check the business rules related to this field.

In general, for a POST request, you don't need to pass any layout in the call. If it is a GET, you need to pass the field key names.

If you are new to SMAX and working with the APIs, I suggest checking the following resources:

• Practitioner Form session from Feb 28, 2018: "SMAX best practice presentation and discussion: REST APIs, Data Load
  • Working with the REST API chapter of the Configuration Guide, available under the "Practitioner Notes" section of the documentation.

Best regards,

Brindusa

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Hello, 

I've attach a screenshot, it seems to be added in Assignment.  

Yes, i am new to SMAX tool, I am from autormation team, we were asked to automate ticket migration between tools. We have only API access (through tunnel.) We don't have access to tool, so only the local team always sent me a screenshots after we do a shot.  

We are using the cp SMAX 3.2.0 with Operation Orchestration.
After calling "Get SSO Token" , with "Get Entity" i need to provide name of fields.
${sawUrl}/rest/${tenantId}/ems/${entityType}/${entityId}?layout=${fields}
( fields- The entity fields to get, separated by "," ) 
An this is the problem, i dont have document with the list for this layout. Especially if it's customized. 

Is there a way how to retreive all fields in ticket if the SMAX instance contains customer fields? 

If the answer for this more complex or requires more information about Customer, it would be better to discuss it more privately. 

Co0kies
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Hi Co0kies1,

In SMA-X go to the Menu >> Administration >> Configuration >> Studio.

In the drop-down box make sure you select "Incident" because this is the type of record you need, judging by the json in your first post. Under the drop-down box there is ribbon with tabs. Select the first one called Fields. There you can see all fields and even check only the Custom fields. All custom fields names end with "_c"

BR,

Svilen

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hi,

You would need to discuss this with the SMAX team to provide you with the field names, for you to be able to query them using the API. I don't know of any way to extract all fields available, but not sure in new versions maybe...

All custom fields will have a "_c" postfix added to them

You can check with the SMAX team what the field name is, and use it then to populate it to the other SMAX Tenant. Its SMAX-SMAX so should work easily, if the Tenants are mirror copies of each other, that's what I am assuming?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

@Svilen Ivanov 
I  don't have access to tool itself, i can ask the support, but i don't think they will have admin access to see configuraion.  I will try to make a session with team to see if i am able to find this out. 

@Mario Morelli 
I hope if i will know the _c names if i will be able to get/set the value .
I am not sure who is the SMAX team. Not sure who did the configuration if customer side or by microfocus. 

And it's not SMAX-SMAX but HPSM9-SMAX. 

Co0kies
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

That makes sense

You will have to get them to provide you with the relevant fields etc.

Also they will have to provide you with the process and business rules

You can set any value in SMAX(some system ones not), but if there are business rules that override or prevent this you need to understand why and manage this correctly.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

It seems i have still issue, .  Based on your guide what menu check, i have receive all of the values from fields tab (all / custom), and i am able to manipulate with them,. the problem is that the custom field "Get Ownership" (boolean) ,. is still gray in web tool for agents,.. i can set the value through API , but i can't enable the field itself for manuall usage. 

I've asked for all tabs values. 
Forms - empty
Processed and Rules - 150+ rules 
Custom actions - empty 
SLT settings - all mail notifications off.
Didnt ask for Notifications and Import Data - dont think this is related.

Is it possible that the rules controls the creation/view / manipuilation with ticket? 

Co0kies
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,

It will be difficult to provide assistance on this community. You need to work with the stakeholders familiar with the SMAX implementation. Absolutely, the rules can control the fields displayed in the UI.

Best regards,

Brindusa

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.