Any other possibility to show profile/filters

Idea ID 2830350

Any other possibility to show profile/filters

Especially incoming profiles can contain lot of filters, services and exceptions. 

In small environments the workbench is useful.

But in larger environments - more than 25, 30 and more rectangles - this workbench is not useful. You have to slide in/out parts of header or left side, you have to decrease size until you cannot read the letters. I am not really happy with this tool. And as mentioned in other posts - nothing you can use for documentation.

7 Comments
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Agreed!  This was a nice idea, but it does not scale well.  It is especially difficult when I need to connect two boxes that are far apart.  Cannot scroll in the middle of connecting.  And as Rimser mentions, zooming out makes it too difficult to read.  My workaround is to temporarily move a box close enough so I can see both boxes and then connect them and move the one back.  Should not have to do that.  We really need a better way to handle a large number of boxes!

Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

I agree with @Rimser and @ketter.

As a temporary workaround I use the F11 function key to expand the webpage to the full size of my screen and eliminate browser data. This helps a little but it doesn't address SMG specific issues.

The Deployment Workbench only utilizes about fifty percent of the available screen real estate. When configuring scan policies, the panel at the left is wasted space; the Filters, Services, and Exceptions panel consumes far too much real estate.

Without having to redesign a new way to configure scan policies, a workable solution might be to allocate the full screen to the Deployment Workbench and access the Filters, Services, and Exceptions via a right mouse click or a popup window.

Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

@KBOYLE Good suggestions!

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

One thing that might be helpful, if you aren't already aware is you can hit the shift key and then click on a whitespace on the workbench and drag. That will move all the filters at once to give you more room without relying on the scroll bars.

Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Look at what I just discovered!
workbench.PNG

If you click on that barely visible gray area I have circled the panel at the left will be collapsed.

workbench1.PNG

If you hover your mouse over the darker gray area below the templates it will change to yellow. Then you can click and drag to expand or reduce the real estate used by the templates.

When used with the F11 function, you can expand the workbench such that it occupies almost your full screen.

It would be nice if this feature were better documented!

Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Sorry, thought you were aware of that.

The filters/services/exceptions area can be held and dragged or clicked to fully collapse.

My problem is that even if I collapse top and side bars and press F11 to maximize the screen, I still have to scroll to see everything on a 24" monitor.  So I either need a better way to view everything or I need to condense my rules.

Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

@ketter 

So I either need a better way to view everything or I need to condense my rules.

I'm also using a 24" display and have the same issue. These workarounds help but maybe we'd be better off getting a 32" 4K display. 😉

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.