Reports in SMG (daily, weekly, monthly)

Idea ID 2781565

Reports in SMG (daily, weekly, monthly)

On the old Gwava 6, there was an Report-Service, where you can create daily, weekly or monthly Reports, for the most active senders and recipents and you can see how many mails pass trough the System in a period of time.

I think the most of the administrators want these tool back in SMG
14 Comments
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
must have !!!!!
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Also to show the logs without having to download and decipher these!
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
This should be a must requirement. Without having this you force people to daily log into this tool, just to check if they could have missed any critical email.
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner
Sebastian - this is not the Spam Digest. SMG still has the spam digest to notify users of blocked emails. This is the administrator reporting service that sent statistic reports to the administrator.
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Hmm, so maybe this idea was filed for a different problem. However my problem is the following: On the FAQ page it says: https://microfocusinternational.sharepoint.com/sites/IT/Pages/qms.aspx "Can I receive a summary report on my quarantined messages? - No. You will need to login to the Quarantine Management System (QMS) using your Micro Focus e-mail and password at https://quarantine.microfocus.com to manage your quarantined e-mail. " So is this 'spam digest' working or not? Unfortunately I was not able to get a response from the responsible team. Any help in clearifying is appreciated. Thank you.
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner
I don't have access to that FAQ. But I am running the on-premise version of SMG and it definitely sends Spam Digest emails to users. It just lacks the administrator reports that GWAVA 6 had. And that is what this enhancement request is about. Are you using a MicroFocus hosted version of SMG? Let me see what I can find out about that.
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Yes, we are using a Miro Focus hosted version. Just started to use it. So I have no experiance if the Spam Digest mail really comes or not. Sorry for disturbing from the real topic of this thread.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Yes, we need reporting cabability. I need to check daily if important messages were blocked.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
A report is critical. I need to be notified daily of blocked messages in order to check for important ones.
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner
Just to clarify for everyone... This Idea is for administrator reports only. A service that was part of the older GWAVA product but it not currently in SMG. Its sole purpose is to provide email statistics to the administrator. It has nothing to do with end users. SMG (hosted or on-premise) does provide spam digest emails for end users. But those have to be enabled/configured by the SMG administrator. Anyone desiring end user spam digests needs to talk internally to their own people - whoever manages SMG or sets email policies in their organization.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.